History of the Department
Assoc. Prof. K. Horshukova
Head of Department in 1958-1972.
Associate Professor K. Horshukova was elected Head of Department.
Assoc. Prof. H. Konopelko
Head of Department in 1972-1983
In 1972, Associate Professor H. Konopelko was elected Head of Department, at the same time holding the position of Vice-Dean, later Dean of the Medical Faculty.
Prof. О. Holyachenko
Head of Department in 1983-2003
From September 1983, the department was headed by Prof. O. Holyachenko. From July 1, 2003 to September 9, 2014, the department was headed by Prof. A. Shulhay, thanks to whose effort, to optimize the training of students, computer classroom was created in the first semester of the academic year 2003-2004.
Prof. A. Shulhay
Head of Department in 2003-2014
Since September 9, 2014, Assoc. Prof. H. Saturska is the Head of Department.
Assoc. Professor H. Saturska.
In 1966, the Department was named Department of Social Hygiene and Organization of Public Health, which greatly broadened the horizons of its study and research. Since 1994 the Department was renamed to Department of Social Medicine, Organization and Economics of Health Care. Since 2005, the department was renamed to Department of Social Medicine, Organization and Economics of Health Care, Medical Statistics and History of Medicine.
In 1984, the Republican Courses for the Training of Doctors-Medical Statisticians was launched. During their operation, about 2000 physicians from all the regions of Ukraine were trained. Except for a small period of time (2003-2004; 2012-2015) the course of History of Medicine was taught at the Department.
In 2005, the Department began teaching Introduction to Economics.